Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fireflies

 I never get tired of watching a field full of fireflies. I remember chasing fireflies growing up, and I still get lost in the magic of watching a dark night full of dancing lights. So of course I had to try to capture that in nail form! For bonus points, these nails are animated!
I started by putting down a base of Sally Hansen Nightwatch, then sponged on a band of lighter color in the middle using Sinful Colors Jolt. Trees were added with some China Glaze Liquid Leather. In the foreground I spotted on some Revlon First Class for a bit of texture.
For the fireflies, I used a small dotting tool and Serum No 5 Pure Glow Getter. I wanted to tone down the white, so I lightly dotted some sheer OPI I'm So Amberrassed to give them a more yellow effect.
And because it's fun, I hid NFC lights from Bundle Monster under all the polish! I love the effect!
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Nightwatch
Sinful Colors Jolt
 China Glaze Liquid Leather
  Revlon First Class
Serum No 5 Pure Glow Getter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...